December 30, 2020
Tagged As: Personal
Where is my stimulus check?
Many Americans who earn under $75,000 annually will receive a $600 direct deposit into their bank account. For the millions of people who have found themselves out of a job due to the economic impact of COVID-19. This stimulus - known as an "economic impact payment" - couldn't have come too soon. It will help cover rent, groceries, and other essential expenses.
Are you looking for your $600? Read on to learn how to ensure you receive your economic impact payment as soon as possible, and how to tell when it's on the way.
When will my money arrive?
The U.S. government plans to make most direct deposit payments to Americans within the next two weeks. The money may already be in your account! You can check the status of your payment on the IRS website at https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment
How will the government get money to me?
The fastest way to receive your payment is through direct deposit. Most eligible U.S. taxpayers will automatically receive their Economic Impact Payments including:
- Individuals who filed a federal income tax for 2018 or 2019
- Individuals who receive Social Security retirement, disability (SSDI), or survivor benefits
- Individuals who receive Railroad Retirement benefits
To use your Hills Bank account information for direct deposit:
- Routing Number: 073913755
- Account Number: At the bottom of a paper check (the middle number) or:
- Log into Hills Bank Online
- Open the "Services" tab on the left-hand navigation bar
- Click on "Paperless" to see a list of your monthly electronic statements
If you need help finding your account number, feel free to get in touch with a banker through the HERE by Hills Bank app. You can also give us a call at 1-800-HILLSBK (1-800-445-5725)
Those who may not automatically receive their payment include eligible U.S. citizens or permanent residents who:
- Had gross income that did not exceed $12,200 ($24,400 for married couples) for 2019
- We're not otherwise required to file a federal income tax return for 2019, and didn't plan to
You can find more information on the IRS website.
Another important thing to note: you won’t need to pay back the economic impact payment you receive.
How can I tell if the money is on its way?
In addition to checking your status with the 'Get My Payment' tool on the IRS website, you can also lookup incoming direct deposits (like tax refunds or stimulus payments) or outgoing automatic payments up to two days before they appear in your account. Sign into your online banking account through a web browser or the Hills Bank Online app and click the "Payments/Transfers" tab. Then scroll to "ACH details", and simply select which of your Hills Bank accounts you would like to check for any automatic transaction activity.