April 16, 2020
Tagged As: Personal
Where is my stimulus check?
Many Americans who earn under $75,000 annually recently received a $1,200 direct deposit into their bank account. For the millions of people who have found themselves out of a job due to the economic impact of COVID-19. this stimulus - known as an "economic impact payment" - couldn't have come too soon. It will help cover rent, groceries, and other essential expenses.
Are you looking for your $1,200? Read on to learn how to ensure you receive your economic impact payment as soon as possible, and how to tell when it's on the way.
When will my money arrive?
The U.S. government plans to make most direct deposit payments to Americans by April 17. It may already be in your account! You can check the status of your payment on the IRS website at https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment
How will the government get money to me?
The fastest way to receive your payment is through direct deposit. Most eligible U.S. taxpayers will automatically receive their Economic Impact Payments including:
- Individuals who filed a federal income tax for 2018 or 2019
- Individuals who receive Social Security retirement, disability (SSDI), or survivor benefits
- Individuals who receive Railroad Retirement benefits
To use your Hills Bank account information for direct deposit:
- Routing Number: 073913755
- Account Number: At the bottom of a paper check (the middle number) or:
- Log into Hills Bank Online
- Open the "Services" tab on the left-hand navigation bar
- Click on "Paperless" to see a list of your monthly electronic statements
If you need help finding your account number, feel free to get in touch with a banker through the HERE by Hills Bank app.
Those who may not automatically receive their payment include eligible U.S. citizens or permanent residents who:
- Had gross income that did not exceed $12,200 ($24,400 for married couples) for 2019
- Were not otherwise required to file a federal income tax return for 2019, and didn't plan to
You can provide the necessary information to the IRS easily and quickly for no fee through the IRS website. The IRS will use this information to determine your eligibility and payment amount and send you an economic impact payment. After providing this information you won’t need to take any additional action.
Another important thing to note: you won’t need to pay back the economic impact payment you receive.
How can I tell if the money is on its way?
In addition to checking your status with the 'Get My Payment' tool on the IRS website, you can also lookup incoming direct deposits (like tax refunds or stimulus payments) or outgoing automatic payments up to two days before they appear in your account. Sign into your online banking account through a web browser or the Hills Bank Online app and click the "Payments/Transfers" tab. Then scroll to "ACH details", and simply select which of your Hills Bank accounts you would like to check for any automatic transaction activity.