in your community
Hills Bank encourages everyone to shop locally – 365 days a year! Here’s why:
By shopping at businesses with our Shop Local logo, you can feel good about spending while supporting our local merchants. By choosing to shop locally, you are not only helping your town prosper, you also receive benefits that only a local business can provide.
Meet some of the local business owners you can support below!
5 Ways to Shop Local SafelyRead More
Ways to Support Local BusinessesRead More
1. Thank a business with a positive online review.
2. Tell friends or family about a local business you love!
3. Like, comment, and share their social media posts.
4. Consider a small business before making your regular purchases from a big box store.
5. Buy gift cards, for use now or later on.
6. Shop in store or online. Many local small businesses pivoted to an online store presence during 2020 and have kept up with that model for added convenience.
7. Tip generously at your favorite local restaurants and bars.
8. See if they have swag: many local businesses sell branded merchandise. Buy some to support the business immediately and wear or use it to encourage others to shop there in the future!
9. Sign up for a local business’s email newsletter to learn about their newest offerings.
10. Strike up a conversation with a business owner or employee and thank them for their hard work over the past year!