Friends ClubTM (age 50 or better)
Apply online. Itís safe, simple, and secure!
You can also apply by:
Need to know what to bring when you open an account? View our account opening checklist.
Enjoy the benefits of experience...you've earned them!
The Friends Club is a great way to meet new people and stay in touch with your friends! Joining is easy: you must be age 50 or better and maintain $10,000 in household deposits.
Friends Club Gold Checking Account
- Tiered interest rates
- Free personalized club checks
- Unlimited check writing
- Unlimited free Hills Bank and non-Hills Bank ATM transactions (A fee may be imposed by a non-Hills Bank ATM owner)
- No annual fee Hills Bank debit card (subject to credit approval)
- Online/mobile banking with bill payment
- Free check safekeeping of canceled checks, eStatement or returned check images
- Free money orders and official checks
- Deluxe Provent ID Restoration
- 50% off Safe Deposit Box rental (safe deposit boxes are not FDIC insured)
Trips and Tours
- We offer travel at group rates. Enjoy a one-day trip or an extended adventure with old and new friends. Itís a great way to get acquainted with people in the community and the Hills Bank staff.
- Choose between a quarterly newsletter by mail or an Early Bird Edition by email (arrives 3-5 business days before the paper newsletter is mailed), featuring financial and banking articles, plus valuable information about events and activities.
- Shop locally at participating merchants and save money every time you shop. Just present your membership card and the discount is yours.
Free Financial Seminars
- Be our guest at seminars periodically hosted by the Hills Bank Trust and Wealth Management Group. (Investment products are not a deposit, not FDIC insured, not insured by any federal government agency, carry no bank guarantee, and may go down in value.)
Going on an extended trip?
Let us know where and when you will be traveling and a phone number where you can be reached. Remember, you should always take more than one form of payment in the unfortunate event that your purse, wallet, or card is lost or stolen. Do not carry your back-up form of payment with you; store it separately, so it will not be lost or stolen too. And remember, never store your PIN with your debit card.
Download and print this Travel Information Card so you have important phone numbers available in your back-up payment location while traveling.