Go Green with Hills Bank Direct Merchant!
Go green with Hills Bank Direct Merchant
Your business will save:
See what our customers are saying!
Hills Bank Direct Merchant allows you to make a business deposit at your business location using an image scanner. The check images are then sent electronically to Hills Bank for processing. Scanned paper checks must be securely stored at your business for at least 60 days before they are destroyed.
Benefits of Hills Bank Direct Merchant
Consolidate multiple banking relationships to Hills Bank
- Concentration of funds
- Use all available funds to offset account fees
- One number to call if there are questions
- Only one set of bank statements to reconcile
- No need to transfer funds from remote offices via checks or ACH (Automated Clearing House)
Reduce the number of trips to the bank
- Employees are more productive because they're spending less time away from the office.
Improved cash flow
- Receive same-day credit for deposits made prior to cut-off time.
- No need to worry about the security of transporting deposits to the bank.
Confidence that the deposit has been made
- An email confirmation will be sent when the deposit has been presented to our Operations Center.
Successful balancing before submitting to the bank
- No need to worry about adjustments or corrections to the deposit.
Reduce the carbon footprint of your business
- You save time, trees, fuel and money!
Join the many Corridor businesses that have made the switch and Go Green! To learn more about Hills Bank Direct Merchant, contact a Commercial Deposits Representative at 319-679-5500 for the Iowa City area, 319-654-8100 for the Cedar Rapids area, or toll free at 1-800-445-5725.
If you are an existing customer, view the Hills Bank Direct Merchant holiday schedule for processing dates.
Tired of stamping the back of checks you deposit every day using your Direct Merchant scanner? Hills Bank has the ability to virtually endorse checks so you don’t have to! The endorsement will be added to the image of the check when it is scanned, reducing time and money spent on endorsement stamps. Virtual endorsement also reduces the risk of returned checks due to a missing endorsement.
A generic endorsement will be used unless your business requests a custom endorsement. If you would like to take advantage of this time and money saving feature, contact a Commercial Services Representative at 319-679-5400, toll free at 1-866-890-3109 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
How will Hills Bank Direct Merchant benefit my company?
How does it work?
Do I have to change or upgrade my computer system?
The minimum system requirements are as follows: (subject to change)
- 3.0 GHz Pentium 4 Processor
- 1 GB RAM
- 10/100 Network Card
- USB 2.0 Port
- CD-ROM drive (optional)
- Windows 2000 users need Service Pack 4
- Windows XP (Prof. Edition) users need Service Pack 2
Who will use the system? What type of training will be provided for them?
How late can I make a deposit and still get same-day credit?
The cut-off time for same-day deposits is 6:00 pm CST (subject to change).
How long does it take to get set up?
Once we receive your completed Pre-install Questionnaire we typically are able to have a business set up on Hills Bank Direct Merchant within two weeks.
What do I do with the checks after I make the deposit?
You must keep the original checks for at least 60 days before destroying.
Do I pay extra to set up multiple accounts for deposit?
Each location will be charged a monthly service fee and can have as many accounts as they prefer without additional charges.
Is the fee passed to the analysis of my account?
What types of checks can be processed through Hills Bank Direct Merchant?
U.S. money checks drawn on banks with valid U.S. routing and transit numbers are accepted, including personal checks, business checks, and postal money orders.