Hills Bank Check Collect
Hills Bank Check Collect is an automated NSF (Non-sufficient Funds) check collection service.
How does Hills Bank Check Collect Work?
- Customer check is returned NSF
- Hills Bank® forwards the returned check directly to Check Collect, our third party provider
- Check Collect enters the check into a database and resubmits it electronically via the ACH (Automated Clearing House) Network
- If the item bounces for a second time, Check Collect calls the customer’s bank to verify funds before a third and final attempt to collect
- When funds are collected and released, you receive 100% face value of the check paid the following week
- During the process, a returned check fee is collected through an electronic debit
Benefits of Hills Bank Check Collect
- Automated NSF check collection procedures
- Electronic presentation of checks allows you to present a check one additional time versus paper check submission
- Speed and convenience
- Generate revenue for your business through a portion of returned check fees
- Know how many checks were returned and who wrote them through your own Check Collect website
- Status and image of NSF items available via website
- Customized reports
- Daily and monthly electronic reports delivered via email or postal mail
- Weekly status reports on all NSF checks via website
Hills Bank Check Collect will save you the hassle of collecting NSF checks! Contact a Commercial Deposits Representative at 319-679-5500 for the Iowa City area, 319-654-8100 for the Cedar Rapids area, or toll free at 1-800-445-5725 to sign up for Hills Bank Check Collect.