ACH Origination (Direct Deposit)
Hills Bank Online Business ConnectionsTM Plus allows you to initiate ACH (Automatic Clearing House) files. You have the ability to send and receive payments electronically through an automated clearing house. The files are used to create payroll direct deposit, direct debits for billing, or to consolidate your funds from multiple financial institutions.
- No need for employees to leave work to deposit their paycheck.
- Just one debit to the business account, so at month end there are no payroll checks to reconcile.
- Less check stock used and no need to sign paychecks.
- No need to reissue payroll checks or place stop payments on lost payroll checks.
Direct Payment Benefits
(Examples of recurring payments include property managers, membership dues, church donations, monthly utilities, and more!)
- Payments will be in your account on the due date.
- You will have immediate access to your funds.
- There is no need to send either additional notices or a bill collector.
Consolidation of Multiple Financial Institutions
- Electronically transfer funds between financial institutions.
- No longer need to write checks between accounts.
To set up ACH Origination you must be a Hills Bank Online Business Connections Plus customer. Contact a Commercial Deposits Representative at 319-679-5500 for the Iowa City area, 319-654-8100 for the Cedar Rapids area, or toll free at 1-800-445-5725 today!
Hills Bank and Trust Company is closed for holidays according to the Federal Reserve holiday schedule. Please keep in mind files cannot be effective or originated on the dates when we are closed. View our ACH holiday schedule for a list of closings.