Hills Bank promotes the growth of hometown businesses and the local community by encouraging everyone to shop locally. By choosing to shop locally, you are not only helping your town prosper, you also receive benefits that only a local business can provide:
- Employment - Hometown businesses employ local residents, creating jobs for you as well as your friends, family, and neighbors.
- Quality Merchandise - When you buy locally, you know the reputation of the business. If you are unhappy with a purchase, they will make sure you are satisfied.
- Economic Development - Every dollar spent here will circulate numerous times throughout the community. This economic growth will attract businesses, create jobs, and improve the quality of life.
- Personal Service - Local merchants combine expertise and personal attention to create a memorable shopping experience. They will always help you find what you are looking for.
Summer Reading Programs
Hills Bank provides staff and financial support for summer reading programs in many communities. Hills Bank has been a part of Summer Reading Programs for over 20 years in some of the area communities we serve. These programs encourage youth to read and explore their local library.
Programs in Partnership
Hills Bank annually participates in numerous programs through local schools and community organizations. Involvement includes not only sponsorships, but also taking an active role in the education process. Examples include: America Reads program; Junior Achievement; Newspapers in Education; R.A.P. (Read Along with Partners); visiting authors; and Banking 101, which teaches junior high students about managing finances. Hills Bank employees are available to visit schools and provide an educational experience for students.
Other Community Activities
Hills Bank is actively involved with the communities in which we are located. Participating in a variety of programs, it is our goal to make a difference in the communities in which we work and live. Below is a partial listing of organizations we are proud to support.
- American Cancer Society
- American Heart Association
- Crisis Center
- Iowa City Hospice
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- United Way of East Central Iowa
- United Way of Johnson County