1031 Tax Exchange Account

You may be able to defer capital gains taxes when you sell your property and then reinvest in “like-kind” property using a 1031 exchange.  Hills Bank and Trust Company is a Qualified Intermediary and can work with your attorney and accountant to set up your 1031 exchange account.

For more details on Hills Bank and Trust Company’s role as a Qualified Intermediary, please contact a member of our Business Banking team at a 1-800-445-5725 (1-800-HILLSBK) or at a Hills Bank location nearest you.